Saturday, February 23, 2013

Moni's World: Bright and beautiful

Moni's World
A tale of fashion, friends, & fun in Second Life
Bright and beautiful
Feb 23rd 2013, 04:35

color-block_004Ricielli sim, near the water

Hey guys -welcome back! I think I am getting the hang of blogging a bit more frequently.  Today I wanted to do something different and experiment with color blocking. What is color blocking, you ask?

We all remember the color wheel, right? We have our primary colors – red, yellow, and blue. Next comes the secondary colors – orange (mix of red and yellow), green (mix of yellow and blue), and purple (mix of blue and red). So image that these colors are on a wheel, with the secondary colors between the 2 primaries that make them up. So if we take yellow and purple, they are complementary to each other, and would make a high contrast look.

color-block_010

Purple and yellow right? Surprisingly, I didn’t have too many purple items that would be good for the look that I wanted to achieve. And I hardly have any yellow items in my inventory…yikes! I did like how the pink trench coat from Ricielli looked, so I decided to start from there. I took one of my favorite pairs of jeans (from Zaara) and tinted it purple, and added a splash of yellow color by using an old dress from Paradisis as my top under my coat. To add more yellow, I used yellow accessories that I think worked out nicely. Next time I will make sure to use more of the complementary color in my outfit…I think this would had totally rocked if I had like a long yellow sleeveless shirt with maybe a cropped jacket in a third color.

Until next time, guys!

Styling Credits

Jacket: Ricielli Mesh Trench Jacket/#hotpink
Shirt: PARADISIS Mignonne : Dressie top Yellow
Jeans: Zaara : Classic Jeans *indigo*
Skin: al vulo- Ramona* solstice dark brow sunkissed
Hair: “”D!va“” Hair “Marie” (Type B)(Citrine)
Shoes: N-core EMPORIUM “Garnet”
Shades: Izzie’s – Oversized Sunglasses (brown lenses) (mesh)
Nails: Bamboo Nails – Nightsky Jailed

Makeup:
Eyeshadow: [mock]Glitter Pop eShadow [Golden Copper]
Lipstick: [PF] Elly <Maple> – Glam Lipstick – (Smoked Plum)
[mock] Mythic Neutraliser (Lip/eye)
Eyeliner:~Oceane~Bardot ES Noire

Jewelry:
Chop Zuey – A Happy Note in Pink bracelet,earrings,necklace

Poses: Corpus


Filed under: Fashion, iheartslfeed, Places, Style Card, Topic

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions