Friday, February 22, 2013

Simply Bea: Dress to Impress

Simply Bea
Beatrice Serendipitys' Style File
Dress to Impress
Feb 21st 2013, 23:33


I sat in on the Miss Virtual World Academy 105 class last weekend. It took me right back to late 2011 when I was just starting out as a model. This class is over 3 days, and the students get individual feedback on their look, styling and presentation from Frolic Mills, CEO of BoSL and the MVW organisation. It's pretty scary stuff for a new model, facing this kind of scrutiny.  And the feedback can be quite candid - Mr Mills is looking for the "wow" factor from his students. I know only too well, it takes a lot of work for most of us to take our avatars from pretty, or even beautiful, to outstanding.

I think perhaps the most important lesson from a class like this, is to be able to face scrutiny and take feedback, even if we don't like, or agree with, what we hear. As a model, you are putting yourself out there to be looked at, and people will have an opinion, even if they don't tell it to your face. It's a tough game. It's an incredibly valuable thing Frolic offers his students on the 105 - this personal attention and feedback - and in the world of SL modelling, it's surprising how rare that is.

The styling task the students were given for the second class was to put together a look you might wear to a cocktail party with Karl Lagerfeld. Although I was only sitting in, I decided I would style a look to this theme as well. I liked this look so much, I decided to wear it to my Avenue interview as well!

Style notes:
Dress: Secret Store for FaMESHed (February cycle)
Boots: Baiastice
Necklace: Donna Flora
Earrings: LaGyo
Ring: Mandala
Nails: Mstyle
Eye makeup: blackLiquid
Lipstick: Glance
Hair: LeLutka
Leggings: Croire 


Posted by Beatrice Serendipity @ http://beatriceserendipity.blogspot.com/

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions